Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Back.

So, as the title suggests, I am back from vacation, and let me tell everyone who has never had this experience before that it is very hard to get back to work after a long vacation. So, I invented a formula to determine the aptly named “Get Back from Vacation Difficulty Level” (GBFVDL):

[(#of days you are on vacation) X (the average # of hours worked per day)] / 2 = GBFVDL

The higher the number, the more difficult it is to get back to work. Please, if, like me, you are depressed that your vacation is over, calculate and post your GBVDL. I would like to know. Technically speaking my number is 30.

Please do not believe the above formula, I am just kidding around. Truthfully though, I feel that the longer you have time off, the more difficult it is to get back to work. You usually build a routine around you when you are working, but once you go on vacation, that routine goes right out the window. Thus, when you return to work, you find that you have to build that routine once again.

Enough about that though, how has everyone been doing? I see the September sun has finally rolled around, and fall has made its presence with the leaves already turning from green to yellow.

At IASTED, I have been busy making newsletters for all the upcoming conferences taking place in Innsbruck. For more information about the conference, click here! I am particularly fond of one of the newsletter banners I created (as seen to the right). Other than that, I have been answering a myriad of emails, proofing a few paragraphs here and there, and creating an ad for a journal.

Workplace Survival 101 Tip: Enjoy the time you have, because time goes by so quickly not to do so.

Just a quick shout-out to all University of Calgary students starting/returning to school this week: Good luck with the semester!

Blogging as usual,


-Poppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment